Staikos Homes Limited Warranty Guidelines
While we strive to build a flawless home, we are realistic and know that we may make mistakes or that something in the home may not perform as intended. In either case, we will make the necessary corrections. In support of this commitment, Staikos Homes provides you with a limited warranty. In addition to the information contained in the limited warranty itself, our Homeowners Manual outlines our one-year material and workmanship standards—standards for each item and what we will do to remedy those items that do not meet our standards. Our criteria for qualifying warranty repairs are based on typical industry practices in our region. However, we reserve the right to exceed these guidelines if common sense or individual circumstances dictate, without being obligated to exceed all guidelines to a similar degree or for all homeowners. Please read through this information, as well as the service procedures discussed on the following pages. If you have any questions regarding the standards or procedures, please contact our office. Our warranty service system is designed to accept written reports of non-emergency items. This provides you with the maximum protection and allows us to operate efficiently, thereby providing faster service to all homeowners. Emergency reports are the only reports accepted by phone.
All service requests should be put in writing on the Warranty Service Request form provided, and be forwarded to Staikos Homes by hand or to the model home by fax to 613-967-6474 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order for our service program to operate at maximum efficiency and for your own convenience, we suggest that you wait 30-60 days before submitting any warranty list. This allows sufficient time for you to become settled in your new home and to thoroughly examine all of its components. Cosmetic damage occurring during the move-in process or through daily activities is not warrantable. Therefore, after we correct any items noted during the PDI, repair of cosmetic surface damage is your responsibility. This includes paint touch-up. Our limited warranty excludes cosmetic damage to items such as:
• Sinks, tubs, and plumbing fixtures
• Countertop separation and de-laminating
• Cabinet doors
• Mirrors and glass
• Windows and screens
• Tile, carpet, and hardwood
• Doors, trim, and hardware
• Paint touch-up
• Drywall touch-up
Near the end of the eleventh month of your materials and workmanship warranty, you should submit a year-end report to us. We will also be happy to discuss any maintenance questions you may have at that time.
As defined by the limited warranty, “emergency” situations may include, but are not limited to:
• Total loss of heat when the outside temperature is below 10˚C.
• Total loss of electricity. (Check with the utility company or an electrician before reporting this occurrence to Staikos Homes.)
• Total loss of water. (Check with the water department to be certain the problem is not part of a larger area outage.)
• Plumbing leak that requires the entire water supply to be shut off.
• Gas leak. (Contact your utility company or plumber if the leak is at the furnace or water heater supply lines.)
During or after business hours, please call Staikos Homes sales manager,
Greg Timlin: (613) 967-6560 ext 2 / 613.920.1646
Other Warranty Service
If you wish to initiate non-emergency warranty service between the 60-day and year-end report, you are welcome to do so by sending in a service request form or writing a letter. We will handle these requests according to the same procedures that apply to the 60-day and year-end reports.
Service Processing Procedures
You can help us to serve you better by providing complete information, including:
• Name, address, and phone numbers where you can be reached during business hours.
• A complete description of the problem, for example, “guest bath—cold water line leaks under sink,” rather than “plumbing problem.” When we receive a warranty service request, we may contact you for an inspection appointment. Warranty inspection appointments are available Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. We inspect the items listed in your written request to confirm warranty coverage and determine appropriate action. Generally reported items fall into one of three categories:
• Trade contractor item
• In-house item
• Home maintenance item
If a trade contractor or an in-house employee is required to complete repairs, we issue a warranty work order and the repair technician contacts you to schedule the work. Warranty work appointments are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. We intend to complete warranty work orders within 30 business days of the inspection unless you are unavailable. If a back-ordered part or similar circumstance causes a delay, we will let you know. If the item is home maintenance, we will review the maintenance steps with you and offer whatever informational assistance we can. Staikos Homes does not provide routine home maintenance.
Have a Warranty Service Request? Click here to contact us